Friday, February 22, 2008

Australian adventure coming to an end

So my time here in Australia is almost up and I'm going to be heading back to Canada in a little over a months time. But don't despair for me yet, my next adventure is already in the making. In case you haven't been reading up lately I have a job lined up in the Carribean for the summer season. To be more exact though I am going to be working in Belize taking part in a marine biology project studying dolphins.

Roughly my schedual looks like this, I will be returning to Canada the 31st of march. I will have about one and a half months back in Canada then I will be heading down to Religh, North Carolina for staff training starting on the 21st of May. Then be heading down to Belize in the first week of June or so. I will then be in charge of running the Dolphin studies program along with 1 other staff member who is a marine biologist. So from the looks of it I will be in charge of most of the water activities and that end of things and the biologist will be in charge of the academics side of things. To give an idea of what the program will look like here is a link to the programs website: http://www.academictreks.com/programs/ds.asp

I'm excited about the change that It will offer from what I'm currently doing here and I'm looking forward to heading back to Canada for a little while it only so I can have a bit of a vacation, well at least not be working for a little while.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Adam,

I am safe at home now, cold (0°C outside), back to routine and already bored.
Reading your blog was interesting: I am sure you had a great time in your dive instructor job on SoF but don't you think I am right? It's time to move to a proper job now...
Thanks for helping me with my fins as my 50 year-old* joints prevented me from bending forward more than 15° and remind me to look for any Japanese** ancestry in my family tree!

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need advice on medical emergencies/STIs/decompression sickness/accomodation in Switzerland etc, you know how to get in touch.

kisses,
Thin Wisdom

* related to 02/06/2008 post, 3rd paragraph
** related to 09/20/2007 post, point 12.