Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Canada and Beyond

It has been quite a while since my last post so here is a bit of an update on what is going on.

I've been back in Canada for about and month and a half now. I will be leaving tomorrow to go on my next adventure.

First I will be flying to Raleigh, NC to take a Wilderness First Responder course. (http://wildmed.com/subframes/courses/8_day.html) As soon as I complete this course I fly out to St. Maarten where I will be working out of for the rest of the summer.

As mentioned in earlier posts I will be working for Broad Reach, a youth problem for the summer similar to Outward Bound. Basically I will be living on a yacht in the Caribbean for the summer with about a dozen kids at a time on a yacht teaching them to scuba dive and sail. There was a slight change in plans where I originally thought I was going to be going to Belize but I was transfered to the Caribbean program instead. So the trip I will be taking will look something like this:

St. Maarten -> Ile Fourche -> St. Bart's -> St. Kitt's -> Nevis -> Saba -> Statia -> St Maarten

The trip in total will be about 3 weeks. I will be doing this trip most likely 3 times this summer.
To get more info on the program that I will be running you can go to (www.gobroadreach.com)

No comments: