Thursday, May 29, 2008

WFR and Raleigh

Just a quick update on what has been happening.

I've now been in Raleigh, NC for just over a week and have just completed my Wilderness First Responder course. The course was pretty interesting, it went far beyond what you would think of as basic first aid, and covered everything from how to set broken bones and reset dislocated joints to how to administer shots, how to give spinal assessments for trauma patients. Not to mention that I am now allowed to pronouce people dead after 30min of sustained cardiac arrest.

I'll be flying down to St. Maarten tomorrow. For the first couple days after I arrive it appears that I will have the days to myself to just explore the island before any real work starts.

I'll post another update when I have a more clear idea of what is going to be happening when I actually arrive in St Maarten and how the trips are going to work out. Including when I actually leave on my trips around the islands.

No comments: