Monday, April 23, 2007

Noosa and beyond

So I'm going to be in Noosa Heads for almost a week it looks like. Noosa Heads is a collection of small towns that are basically holiday/weekend communities. So it's alot of beachs and rainforests.

The reason that I'm staying here for as long as I am though is for the next big part of my trip. On friday I'm going to be leaving Noosa and heading to Harvey Bay where I will be spending the night then leaving first thing the next morning for Frazer Island, where I will be spending 3 days 3 nights camping on the island and cruizing around on 4x4 in the sand. I'll be getting back from Frazer around 5pm and catching the bus at 8:30pm to take me up to Ailese Beach to get on a racing Yauht first thing the next morning, to go sailing around the Whitsunday Islands for 3 days 2 nights. The boat I'm going to be on from what I hear has actually won a number of races before it was retired, so I think I'm going to be in for quite the adventure.

In the mean time I'm going to just hang around Noosa, probably head over to Steve Irwin's Zoo, and maybe try my hand at surfing again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I look forward to hearing about your time on the island and your sailing. It sure sounds exciting -