Monday, April 16, 2007

Up the East Coast

Since my last post I traveled up the coast to Newcastle where I stayed for 3 nights. Newcastle is basically a big industrial town with not a lot to do in it. The one good thing about the stay there however was that the hostel I stayed at offered free surfing lessons so I went out and learned how to surf. The actual surfing in the easy part (well I can get up and go a ways at least), the hard part is trying to paddle out through the big surf, though the day I was out the surf was maybe only 6-8 feet high at max where it was breaking.

After leaving Newcastle I took the train/bus up to Byron Bay. Byron Bay is basically the Australian version on Daytona Beach and it just so happens to be spring break here for Australians so there is a ton of partying going on in Byron, Besides party there isn't much to do in Byron however, its basically just a beach community. So after having spent 2 days here I am leaving for Surfers Paradise tonight on the bus. Going to be spending 4 days there. From what I hear Surfers Paradise is a big resort community with lots of amusement parks and that sort of thing so we are planning on spending 4 nights there then probably heading up to Brisbane.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you're having fun Adam! Karen says you should eat vegemite because if you haven't then you haven't experienced anything yet. Watch out for the sharks while surfing!
--Susan (and Karen)
PS. Are you looking for a job there too? Or just travelling?

Adam said...

vegemite is gross, and ya I'm probably going to eventually have to get a job unless I can some how manage to win the lottery, though I'm going to try and travel for as long as I can.